Dr. William C. McGinlyConsultant
Dr. William C. McGinly was President, Chief Executive Officer of the Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP) for thirty-one years and is now AHP President Emeritus.
Dr. William C. McGinly was President, Chief Executive Officer of the Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP) for thirty-one years and is now AHP President Emeritus. This association represents 5,000 hospital and medical center executives devoted to development and fund raising for nonprofit health care providers.
Bill’s significant accomplishments include:
- Assisted and directed the merger/acquisition of health related foundations;
- Conducted fund raising program to support AHP’s Trustee Leadership & Philanthropy Forum addressing the needs of 90,000 plus health care trustees in the United States and Canada;
- Launched and directed major capital campaigns to advance health provider trustee education, and to launch an industry public affairs program while maintaining multiple year annual giving campaigns;
- Expanded all aspects of AHP Educational programs and offerings;
- Developed AHP as an international association with members throughout North America (Canada), Australia and Europe, growing membership to 5,000 plus individuals and more than 2,100 institutions;
- Assisted in the organization of fledgling groups through planning and financial expertise – the National Committee on Planned Giving (NCPG), the World Fundraising Council (WFC), and The Center on Philanthropy (COP) at Indiana University; and,
- Instituted a significant financial reserve for the Association for Healthcare Philanthropy securing its future service to philanthropy and the profession.
Since 1980, Bill has directed McGinly & Associates, LLC, a management and, a media relations/spokesperson training firm providing service to corporations and nonprofit organizations and boards for strategic planning, media and organizational development -partial client listing attached.
Before joining AHP, he was Assistant Executive Director of the National School Boards Association (NSBA), an organization representing fifty state school boards associations and more than 95,000 local school board members. At NSBA, he worked with each of the state school boards associations directing training, state and congressional liaison, lobbying and communications programs. Prior to this he was Director of Education for the American Health Care Association (AHCA), an organization representing nursing home facilities and administrators.
In addition to forty plus years of association management experience, Dr. McGinly taught at The American University in Washington, D.C., and Mount Saint Mary’s College in Maryland.
Bill, who was named for the 15 consecutive years to the NonProfit Times Power & Influence Top 50, is a former board member for the Center on Philanthropy at Indiana University Indianapolis; a past chairman of the Greater Washington Society of Association Executives (GWSAE); an active member of the American Society of Association Executives (ASAE); an I/D/E/A/ Fellow; a Fundraising Institute Australia (FIA) Fellow; a Certified Association Executive (CAE); and received his doctorate in administration from The American University.