- October 22, 2018
- Posted by: The Partners
- Category: Philanthropy Counts
Published August 12, 2014
David Ogilvy’s Qualities for Success
David Ogilvy is considered history’s High Priest of advertising. He developed a list of what he considers to be the most important factors in successful professionals.
- High standards of personal ethics.
- Big people, without pettiness.
- Guts under pressure, resilience in defeat.
- Brilliant brains— not safe plodders.
- A capacity for hard work and midnight oil— and enjoy it.
- Charisma— charm and persuasiveness.
- A streak of unorthodoxy.
- The courage to make tough decisions.
- An inspiring enthusiast— with thrust and gusto.
- A sense of humor.
What’s interesting is that I find in the successful development people and CEOs I work with virtually all of these qualities.