- October 22, 2018
- Posted by: The Partners
- Category: Philanthropy Counts
Published July 30, 2014
Energy is Contagious
Energy is considered one of the important attributes of being a great fundraiser. Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy— the 3-Es donors like to see in the people who call on them for gifts.
You will find that you have a zeal and zest for your work if you are physically and mentally vital and vibrant. You are a tuning fork ready to vibrate! Here are 16 tips that will help ensure your energy.
1. Ignore the elevator. Use the steps if it’s three stories up or four stories down.
2. Quit or reduce drinking coffee or soda. Substitute water. (I have a tough time with this one!)
3. Walk or bicycle to work.
4. Take the furthest parking space possible at the office or when shopping.
5. Exercise regularly, at least five times a week, forty minutes a day.
6. Smile. It’s contagious. It affects everyone around you and makes a difference in your own attitude.
7. Stop smoking. Shame on you!
8. Eat sensibly and moderately. Stay away from anything white. Never nibble or eat anything while you’re standing up.
9. Attend a church or synagogue of your choice. Having a strong faith energizes a person.
10. Surround yourself with positive thinkers. You want to be around people who share your passion and commitment.
11. Wait to worry. Take each day, one day at a time.
12. Take your job seriously, but not yourself.
13. Get plenty of sleep. But not too much! Too much sleep can be debilitating.
14. Set objectives for yourself. Keep raising the bar. Meet your objectives.
15. Make certain you’re having fun with your work.
16. Have a love affair with life.