- October 22, 2018
- Posted by: The Partners
- Category: Philanthropy Counts
Published October 3, 2013
Holiday Inn Founder, Kemmons Wilson’s Tips for Success
Kemmons Wilson began with a dream. And he built it into nearly two thousand Holiday Inns in this country and 15 different countries. Someone once asked Wilson his tips for success. Some of these are as appropriate for those of us in development work and leadership positions as they are for any profession.
1. Work only half a day. It makes no difference which half. It can either be the first 12 hours or the last 12 hours
2. Hard work is the master key that opens a door to all opportunities.
3. Mental attitude plays a far more important role in a person’s success or failure than mental capacity.
4. Remember that we all climb the ladder of success one step at a time.
5. There are two ways to get to the top of an oak tree. One way is to sit on an acorn and wait. The other is to climb it.
6. The secret of happiness is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one does.
7. Eliminate from your vocabulary, “I don’t think I can.” Instead, substitute “I know I can.”
8. You must not procrastinate. In two days, tomorrow will be yesterday.
9. A successful person realizes his personal responsibility for self-motivation. He starts himself because he possesses the key to his own ignition switch.
For a copy of these tips you can download a pdf, click here (pdf).